Saturday, April 07, 2007

I Don't Get It

I have a confession to make: I don't really get Kate Moss.

Don't get me wrong, she does wear some great pieces sometimes - but is she really the first girl to mix vintage with modern? Or combine bohemian and rock chick styles? It's not that I actively dislike her look, but I don't understand the kind of adulation she receives from the fashion press and followers alike.

The Topshop collection that she "designed" is currently all over the fashion blogs. Some of the jackets and little vests are pretty cute, but they're nothing particularly new. The ultra-mini dresses and skintight denim will only work on people who are actually built like Kate Moss.

Besides, she often looks semi-unwashed, greasy, and kind of vacant (read: stoned as hell). And she willingly engages in relations with the least attractive man alive. Honestly, we have to question her taste a little bit.

No comments: