Friday, May 18, 2007

On a Denim Quest

Okay, so it's about time for me to get some new jeans. My current favorites have definitely seen some better days (one pair is about 3 years old), and I'm getting kind of sick of them.

Here are my requirements:

1. Dark denim. It's more flattering, can be dressed up or down easily, and works better with my wardrobe. Also, I have fairly muscular legs and light washes are not my friends.

2. Mid-rise. First of all, ultra-low rises can create a muffin top on anyone, no matter how thin, and the world does not need to see my underwear.

3. Wide-leg or trouser style. Besides being very hip for fall, this shape looks best on my figure.

In fact, #3 is good advice for everyone - don't buy the trendiest silhouettes out there if they don't work for your body type. Skinny jeans are not for everyone, even if you are fairly skinny yourself.



Anyone familar with the above brands or know of some other good options(Hudson, Paige, or James Jeans)?

No comments: