Friday, May 19, 2006

The Lady is a Vamp

"Glamour is what I sell, my stock in trade."
- Marlene Dietrich She's a legend, the ultimate vamp, who's inspired many, many designers with her unique, highly stylized look. From Dior's D'Trick watches and handbags to this fall's sharply tailored suits and luxurious furs, her look lives on. She was also pretty clever and ahead of her time:

"In America sex is an obsession. In other parts of the world it is a fact."

"Darling, the legs aren't so beautiful. I just know what to do with them."

"I dress for the image. Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men."



Her wardrobe was also very modern - most of it wouldn't look out of place on this fall's runways (or on the streets!) So try channeling the ultimate vamp this fall, at least once in a while. Don't be afraid to be glamorous and a little over-the-top!

No comments: