In honor of Mother's Day, here are some things my mother was right about:
1. Wear some color by your face! Everyone looks better with some flattering color brightening up their face. A turtleneck, a scarf, a necklace...something!
2. When in doubt, wear black. It's always appropriate and chic. However, remember rule #1 and liven all that black up somehow.
3. Earrings must be worn whenever you leave your house.
4. Buy outfits, not pieces. You will always have something to wear.
5. You need blush, especially in the winter. Rosy cheeks are much prettier than that washed-out winter paleness.
6. If you leave the house looking sloppy, you will run into someone you know. Usually a really cute guy or an ex-boyfriend.
7. You can never have too much fun costume jewelry.
8. If you are in a bad mood, wear something sparkly.
9. If you are having a fat day, wear high heels, a fabulous bag, and stunning jewels (are you getting the theme here yet?).
10. Confidence is the key to wearing any outfit.
So if you forgot about Mother's Day, or if you just feel like earning some extra brownie points, call your mother and tell her she was right. About something. Trust me, she will love to hear it. Even though she knew it all along.