Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Don't Feed the Models

I find the last paragraph in this NY times article very telling:

"Polishing off berries and meringue, they discussed the old days. Ms. Porizkova was glad her modeling days were over. “The size now is 0 to 2,” she said. “When I was modeling it was 6. Now, if you’re my size, you’re hugely overweight. I did a shoot at Vogue recently and I could only fit into one dress.”

Check out this current picture of the woman in question, former supermodel Paulina Porizkova - she still has her fabulous figure.
In case you didn't notice, the models really are getting skinnier and more frail. Personally, I think clothes look better on the size 6's. Remember the glory days of the supermodels? None of them wore a zero and they were definitely hot. Really, it's tough to look fierce when a stiff breeze could knock you over like today's girls.

No comments: